My work as a couples therapist is geared toward guiding the couple toward new experience. So often, relationships can assume a pattern that leaves the individuals feeling 'strait-jacketed' in unconscious roles. Couple's therapy can support the relationship in some of the following ways:
- Identifying unconscious patterns that are known but have remained un-named.
- Discovering communication tools that can help breakdown defensive strategies and increase intimacy.
- By managing conflict and engaging in repairs that feel restorative and rejuvenating.
- By highlighting the strengths of the relationship that can help leverage the couple into transformation.
- Develop skillful means of relating that can help the couple move from insecurity to security.
- Building safety and trust that can serve the relationship as well as individual transformation.
I see a range of couples including LGBTQ couples and couples of diverse cultural backgrounds. I am particularly skilled in working with couples dealing with:
- High Conflict
- Intimacy loss
- Sex Issues
- Communication Difficulties