I see the body in particular as a portal to greater understanding of the mind. By combining the traditions of somatics, early attachment dynamics and relational psychotherapy I support the client in transformation by allowing the body's subtle ques to inform the direction of the therapeutic process.
My work as a psychotherapist with individuals aims to support the client in the following ways:
- Identifying personal strengths and resources that can support transformation.
- Seeing old defensive strategies that may impair growth and change.
- Supporting the client in letting go of behaviors and thinking that are self destructive or harmful to others.
- Building a repertoire of behavioral and mindfulness tools to help cope with issues such as depression, anxiety, loss, trauma, anger, illness and major life transitions.
- Trusting in core emotional experience that can unlock suffering and bring forth insight.